Tim Jakobs advises mainly on dispute resolution and conducts litigation and arbitration proceedings, in particular in liability law matters.
He has many years of experience in the areas of handling major losses (especially after industrial accidents and in the railroad sector), directors’ and officers’ liability (D&O), product liability and warranty cases (especially automotive, plant engineering) and regarding disputes with insolvency background.
Mr. Jakobs also applies his forensic knowledge to provide advice on conflict prevention and contract drafting. In addition, Mr. Jakobs has accompanied restructuring projects for many years.
- 1999-2005 Legal studies at the Universities of Passau, Würzburg and King’s College, London
- 2005-2007 Legal clerkship at the Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt am Main (legal stages – among others – with Freshfields and Sidley Austin)
- 2008-2014 Noerr LLP, most recently as an Associated Partner
- 2012-2013 Visiting Associate at Paul, Weiss, New York City
- 2014-2020 EBA Endrös-Baum Associés, Partner
- Since 2018 Lectureship on the topic of “cross-border disputes” at the LMU – Munich Centre for Dispute Resolution.
- Since 2021 KJK Kolmann Jakobs Kramer, Partner
- Advising insolvency administrators and trustees in connection with the enforcement of liability claims and claw back actions
- Various (former) executives on defense against liability claims
- Major bank and car manufacturer in numerous disputes, often in court, with insolvency implications
- Steel mill on the defense of claims against an electricity company
- Court and out-of-court representation of various rail transport companies, lessors and service providers in the context of large-scale incidents (property damage and personal injury as a result of accidents involving passenger and cargo trains)
- Development and negotiation of a compensation concept after an industrial accident
- Legal support regarding the recourse of recall costs in the automotive industry as part of contentious proceedings
- Acting as party representatives and arbitrators in various arbitration proceedings (DIS, ICC, ad hoc)
- Post M&A dispute after a power plant purchase
- Regular advice to various medium-sized clients on contract law matters, in particular with regard to the automotive industry
- Assisting in various restructuring projects (cross-border insolvencies, self-administration)
- Author in: Cranshaw, Paulus, Michel – Banking Commentary on Insolvency Law (original title in German: Bankenkommentar zum Insolvenzrecht).