With a clear focus on the essentials, Carl Kramer advises companies and entrepreneurs in special situations.
He can look back on many years of diverse experience from numerous restructurings and transactions in a crisis situation and beyond; in particular insolvency plan proceedings, self-administration, acquisition and sale of companies.
Mr. Kramer is also a business mediator and represents clients in out-of-court and in-court disputes as well as in arbitration.
- 1992 – 1998 Legal studies at “Freie Universität” of Berlin
- 1998 – 1999 Research assistant at BVVG (reprivatization of agricultural assets of the former GDR)
- 1999 – 2000 Co-management of a start-up company (financial services provider)
- 2001 – 2003 Legal clerkship at the Berlin Court of Appeal (KG Berlin)
- 2003 – 2020 BBL Bernsau Brockdorff and predecessor law firms, since 2008 as partner
- Since 2021 KJK Kolmann Jakobs Kramer, Partner
- Reorganization and restructuring of a German-wide operating group in the health care sector (medical care centers) in the context of a self-administration and an insolvency plan proceeding
- Restructuring of a North German family office (real estate, mines)
- Successful defense of a claim for damages in the three-digit million range in court
- Strategic conceptualization, arbitration and out-of-court enforcement of claims of an insolvency administrator against 100 companies from numerous European countries (international commodity trading)
- Advising and representing a power plant operator (renewable energies) on the sale of solar as well as biogas power plants with a simultaneous restructuring of five companies
- New group insolvency law: more effective proceedings through mediation (original title in German: Neues Konzerninsolvenzrecht: effektivere Verfahren durch Mediation), in Betriebsberater 2018, issue 13/14, pages 713 et seq.
- Toolkit on Insolvency and Arbitration – Impact of national Insolvency on domestic or foreign Arbitration, National Report of Germany, (Published soon by International Bar Association (IBA))
- Juve: frequently recommended lawyer in the field of restructuring since 2016